How To Get My Filipino Girlfriend To The USA

Non-citizen or permanent resident U.S. citizens can assist their fiancé(e) in many ways to get permanent residence in the U.S.

 How To Get My Filipino Girlfriend To The USA

If you want to marry your fiancé(e) in the United States but he or she lives outside of the country, you can apply for a fiancé(e) visa.

This visa allows your fiancé(e) to enter the United States for 90 days so that your marriage can be performed here.

Once you marry, your spouse can apply for permanent residency and remain in the United States while the application is being processed by the federal government.

Petition for Alien Fiancé Form I-129F should be used in this case (e)., has information on how to file this letter.

Your fiancé(eforeign )’s consulate or embassy will receive the I-129F when your embassy provide approval and send it to the National Visa Center for processing and forwarding. Afterwards, the embassy or consulate will invite him or her to apply for the fiancé(e) visa.

See also  6 Easiest Ways To Migrate To USA From Nigeria

Another option is to be married abroad. Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, can be used to petition your new spouse if you marry outside the country.

What are the most fundamental prerequisites for a fiancé petitioner’s eligibility?

A fiancé(e) petition can only be filed by a citizen of the United States. You must prove that you are a U.S. citizen; you and your fiancé(e) intend to marry within 90 days of your fiancé(e) entering the United States; you are both free to marry; and you have met each other in person within two years before you file this petition.

A waiver is required for the following two exceptions:

If meeting your fiancé(e) in person would break long-established conventions in your or your fiancé(eforeign )’s culture; or

If you can demonstrate that meeting your fiancé(e) in person would cause you undue hardship.

When I apply for the fiancé(e) visa, how will my fiancé(e) become a lawful permanent resident?

Your fiancé(e) will require a fiancé visa in order to enter the United States. Your fiancé(e) will be able to stay in the United States for 90 days after being granted a K-1 visa, during which time you can marry.

By completing a Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residency or to Adjust Status with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (PO Box 805887 Chicago, IL 60680-4120), your spouse can apply for permanent residency after you married.

ALSO SEE: How To Bring Wife To Usa From Philippines

My soon-to-be fiancé has a child. Do I have permission to bring my fiancee’s child with me to the United States?

There may be a K-2 visa available if the child is under the age of 21 and not married. You must include the names of your fiancé(echildren )’s in your I-129F petition for a fiancée.

See also  How To Immigrate To Israel For Non Jewish

When may I bring my fiancé(e) to the US on a fiancé visa?

A Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, filed with a USCIS Lockbox at your place of residence can be used immediately after admission by your fiancé(e).

There is a 90-day time limit on any work permission granted on the basis of a nonimmigrant fiancé(e).

In addition, your fiancé(e) may potentially be able to apply for an extended work authorization while he or she is applying for permanent residency.

When you get married, your fiancé(e) will file Form I-765 and Form I-485 on your behalf.

What if my fiancé(e) comes to the United States on a different visa, or enters as a guest without a visa, to marry me?

In order to marry and live in the United States, your fiancé (or fiancée) may run into serious issues if they enter the country on another visa.

Immigration fraud can result in harsh fines if you try to get a visa or enter the United States by claiming one thing when you really mean another.

The penalties include a possible fine of up to $10,000 and up to five years in prison, as well as restrictions on immigration benefits, including permanent residency.

My fiancée is already in the United States in another status, and we wish to get married now.

You can file an I-130 relative petition for your spouse if your fiancé(e) entered the United States on a visa other than a fiancé(e) visa and you marry. Your petitioner may be able to submit Form I-485 with your assistance.

It is unlikely that your fiancé will be able to become a permanent resident while in the United States if he or she entered illegally.

See also  How To Immigrate To Australia From South Africa, QUICK!

It’s possible to file a relative petition for him or her once you get married. An immigrant visa must be applied for at a U.S. Embassy or consulate abroad if the application is accepted.

Suppose we are engaged but have not yet decided to get married.

Obtaining a fiancé visa allows your fiancé to enter the country temporarily so that the two of you can get married here within 90 days of his or her arrival.

You can’t bring someone here to get to know them better or spend more time with them to figure out if you want to get married or not.

If we don’t get married within 90 days, what will happen?

After a period of 90 days, the status of fiancé(e) is no longer valid. It cannot be expanded. If you do not marry, your fiancé(e) must leave the United States.

It is illegal for your fiancé(e) to remain in the United States if he or she does not leave the country. This could have an impact on a person’s ability to receive future immigration benefits from the United States.

For our wedding, we’d like to start making plans right away. How long will this take?

The circumstances of each case are unique. Check our website for current I-129F processing times, which can be found here. In order to expedite the processing of fiancé(e) petitions, we prioritize them.

The National Visa Center receives your accepted petition after it has been processed by the consulate (NVC). Your fiancé(evisa )’s application will be processed by the U.S. Embassy or Consulate after it is received by the NVC.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *