There is no need for Nigerian citizens to travel to Turkey in order to obtain a visa. Obtaining a Turkish visa with an online application is the fastest and most convenient method of doing so.
Visitors from Nigeria can stay in Turkey for up to one month on vacation or business with an electronic Turkey visa.
If you’re a Nigerian citizen, keep reading to learn about the visa requirements for Turkey and how to apply online.
What is Turkish Student Visa?
A Turkey Student Visa is a document that allows you to enter Turkey for the sole purpose of attending school there.
By submitting an application for a residence permit, it allows the foreigner to make a temporary home in Turkey.
Who Can Apply Turkish Student Visa in Nigeria?
Individuals applying for a Turkish student visa through the Turkish Embassy must meet the following requirements:
- Admission to a university or college in Turkey that is recognized by the Turkish government.
- In order to cover the cost of tuition and living expenses throughout one’s time in Turkey, one must have adequate financial resources.
- Nonviolent and law-abiding citizen of Nigeria.
- Good physical and mental health.
- Insurance that covers medical expenses and evacuation in the event of an emergency.
- The Turkish Embassy has requested that I provide them with the necessary documentation.
How To Apply For Turkey Student Visa In Nigeria
- To apply for a visa to Turkey from Nigeria, follow these simple steps. When applying for a passport in Nigeria, you must give the following personal identification information (PII):
- Name, date of birth, and nationality
- The passport number, issue date, and expiration date of a Nigerian passport
- Expiration date of the supporting document
- Arrival time in Turkey
- Before submitting a request, Nigerian applicants should double-check all facts. Any errors or omissions in the application could delay or possibly result in the rejection of the Turkey visa.
- For the last step in the procedure, you must pay the visa fees for Turkey with a debit or credit card. In most cases, Nigerians get their visas within one business day (allow more time in case of delays).
Turkey Student Visa Requirements
To enter Turkey legally, Nigerians must present the following three documents:
- Nigerian national identity card
- Valid A visa to Turkey is required.
- Schengen, United Kingdom, US or Ireland visa or residency permit required (when traveling with an eVisa)
- Proof of sufficient funds (USD 50 per day) and a hotel reservation may also be needed. The authorized eVisa includes a list of these requirements.
- The final say on whether or not foreigners can enter Turkey rests with the country’s immigration officials. Even with a visa, entrance is not guaranteed.
- There are unique COVID-19 admission procedures for Nigerians planning to visit in 2022.
Turkey Student Visa Rejection, What to do?
You should contact the Turkish Embassy or Consulate in your country if you believe your application was unfairly rejected. Prior to making trip plans, it’s a good idea to apply for a visa.
How Much Is Turkey Student Visa Fee?
There is a 758.90 Turkish Lira (TL) visa cost for one-time admission into Turkey in 2021. Submitting an application for several competitions will set you back TRY 2.542,20
How Much Bank Statement For Turkey Student Visa?
Around $500 a month is required to secure a Turkish residency permit.
Is Turkey Visa Free For Nigeria?
No, it is not free
Is Turkey Visa On Arrival For Nigerian Citizens?
How Long Does Turkey Student Visa Takes?
The country from which you apply for a Turkey visa determines how quickly your application will be processed. It can take up to 15 working days to acquire an answer in some nations, but in others it can be as fast as three days.
There is a way for you to keep track of the progress of your application on the same website from which you started it.
ALSO SEE: How To Get Poland Student Visa In Ghana
How To Transfer Money From Nigeria To Turkey
Nigerian citizens can use their bank accounts or debit or credit cards to send money to Turkey, and PISP and Swift are two of the most secure methods.
Additionally, certain recognized and secure money transfer providers can get your work done at appealing exchange rates and cheap prices.
TransferWise, WorldRemit, Skrill, Azimo, and Western Union are some of the popular options you have. The recipient can receive huge sums of money directly into their bank account, which saves time and money.
To send money to Turkey from Nigeria, what is the best service to use?
Sending small or huge sum of money from Nigeria isn’t a big concern if you choose the correct service provider.
If you do a simple Google search, you’ll likely come across names you’ve never heard of before.
A company that offers services at a lower cost than its competitors should not be trusted blindly, though.
As a result, you’ll need to conduct more thorough investigation whenever you visit a website such as ours. Besides the exchange rates, you can also compare any additional fees that may be involved with the money transfer.
Transferring money to the recipient’s bank account is the most convenient method. If you want to send money to someone who doesn’t have a bank account, you can choose a service provider that allows your recipient to pick up cash at any of their locations.
Appointment for Turkish Student Visa
You must appear in person at the Turkish embassy or consulate on the day of your interview. A consular officer will conduct a brief interview with you during which time you will be quizzed on your plans for the trip.
Make certain you have all of the necessary paperwork with you before leaving. It is possible that you will be immediately rejected if you miss even one, and you will have to start the entire procedure over again.
When applying for a visa, remember that the interview is an important part of the process. Make a positive impression!
Is a Turkey Study Visa Necessary?
Students from the Northern Republic of Cyprus are exempt from obtaining a visa in order to study in Turkey, while all other international students must do so.
The following individuals are exempt from obtaining a Turkish study visa:
Students from other countries who have already completed their secondary and/or high school education in Turkey and who wish to pursue a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Turkey.
Students whose parents have a work visa and a resident permission to enter Turkey legally.
Holders of Blue Cards.
When to Apply
Preventing delays by applying for your Turkish student visa on time is highly recommended. The deadline for submitting a Turkey student visa application is:
60 days before your planned departure to Turkey, you can apply.
You can only apply one month before your trip if you do so as late as possible.
How and Where to Submit an Application
The Turkish embassy or consulate in your country of residency, or a third-party visa application center, will be where you submit your application for a Turkish study visa. Remember that only the Turkish embassy has the ability and responsibility to handle your application and render a decision in your favor.
To study in Turkey, make sure you have the proper documentation.
When you apply for a Turkish education visa online, you’ll be able to choose from the following options:
Arrival in Turkey: What to Expect
There is a mandatory registration process for students entering Turkey on a student visa. A residency permit application can then be made to the Provincial Directorate of Migration.
It is possible to create a bank account and live in Turkey once you have obtained a residence permission, which is called “ikamet” in Turkish. When your ikamet expires, seek for an extension six weeks in advance.